GMDN Policy Advisory Group & Authorities Strategic Advisory Group
The Policy Advisory Group (PAG) provides advice to the Board of Trustees on matters of relevance to the satisfactory maintenance of the GMDN, including:
- Ways to ensure that the GMDN meets International requirements of regulatory bodies, industry and other users as the primary working nomenclature for exchange of regulatory information.
- New and emerging international needs for nomenclatures.
- Means of ensuring that developing technologies are monitored and incorporated as appropriate.
The Authorities Strategic Advisory Group (ASAG), which represents medical device regulators that use the GMDN and provide advice and feedback to Trustees and the GMDN Agency, including:
- Having appropriate review structures in place to ensure that relevant stakeholders, including from different regions, can provide feedback and be consulted about the GMDN supporting their needs.
- The promotion of the GMDN to encourage broader adoption and global harmonisation of the GMDN as a detailed nomenclature that underpins an efficient and effective regulatory model of safety and performance for medical devices.
- Enhancing medical device safety by use of the GMDN that facilitates and promotes data exchange and analysis.
As a regulated charity, all ASAG members and observers are volunteers and not funded for activity linked with GMDN Agency governance.
For more information about the PAG or ASAG, please contact us in writing.